Recycling Your X-Ray Film With DocuVault Is an Easy Choice
Pick up, shredding, reclamation, and Certificate of Destruction in 1 step!
DocuVault Delaware Valley offers safe and HIPAA-compliant X-ray film recycling. Our process includes the chemical removal and reclamation of silver from used and unused X-ray film.
Recycling your old X-rays with DocuVault is a safe and inexpensive way to free up space in your office, while possibly earning a little extra cash, too.
Complete X-Ray Destruction Services
- Reclaim silver from your film and get cash for it (learn more below)
- We recycle medical, MRI, dental, veterinary, and industrial film
- We’re HIPAA compliant: We adhere to strict confidentiality protocols
- You receive a Certificate of Destruction to keep for your records
Ready to get rid of those X-rays? Use the form on the right to request a fast quote →
How To Get Your Film To Us
There are two ways:
- Drop Off Film at Our Secure Facility. You can drop off your X-rays and jackets to our secure facility in West Deptford, NJ. Once we receive the delivery, we will weigh it and assign a confirmation number. Film drop-offs that weigh more than 250 lbs are eligible for reimbursement.
- Schedule a Pick Up or Arrange Shipment. Our uniformed drivers are absolutely professional on site and won’t cause any disruption to your workday when removing your X-rays for destruction. We will travel up to a 50-mile radius from our headquarters in West Deptford, NJ. For further distances, we arrange shipping if your volume of X-rays is large enough. Call us at 856-290-4601 to make arrangements.
DocuVault maintains the absolutely confidentiality of the patient information included on X-ray films. From the moment film is picked up at your location, DocuVault maintains chain of custody, and the film is kept secure until it is stripped of its silver and destroyed beyond recognition.
DocuVault Delaware Valley is certified HIPAA and HITECH compliant, and we apply all necessary means to maintain compliance with privacy laws, including:
- 24/7 digital surveillance
- NAID AAA Certified
- GPS-tracked vehicle fleet
- Insured and bonded employees
- All employees sign a confidentiality agreement
At the completion of the destruction process, DocuVault will provide a Certificate of Destruction, proving that your X-ray film has been securely and confidentially stripped, destroyed, and recycled to industry standards.
VIDEO: How We Reclaim Silver From X-ray Film
Reclaiming silver from X-rays is a 3-step process:
- Films are sorted from their jackets
- Jackets are shredded into HIPAA-compliant pieces to make all patient data unrecognizable
- Films are washed to reclaim the silver
Once the X-rays are washed to strip the film of its silver and coatings, the plastic from the film remains. This leftover plastic (PET) is then recycled and turned into many common household and industrial products, such as fabric, carpet, and plastic bottles.
Recycling your X-ray film with DocuVault is an easy and environmentally-friendly way to earn some extra cash, free up office space, and securely destroy old X-ray records.
Get an X-ray Recycling Quote in 10 Minutes
Use our online form or call 856-290-4601 and a representative will provide you with a quote for X-ray film recycling within 10 minutes during business hours.