Given the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, I wanted to reach out to you with tools from DocuVault and make clear how we are working with customers to both perform our part in containing the spread of the virus and simultaneously continuing to serve you, our business clients with consistent information management services.
We hope that you are following your defined pandemic response plan (or quickly developing one) and are frequently reviewing practical steps in this evolving situation. If you identify any risk to business continuity that impacts DocuVault and the services we provide to your company due to this virus, I ask that you communicate those issues to us immediately as we plan to do the same.
Within the business services that we provide (storage/shredding / data vaulting / scanning/ITAD/RIM Consulting), a vulnerability that we have self-identified is in the physical delivery and pickup of your record assets to your sites
To minimize exposure, while we focus on keeping your information accessible to you, we recommend you take advantage of the following options:
Record Storage Accounts
- Utilize DocuVault’s scan-on demand capability as a viable alternative to physical delivery of your requested records.
- Ability to retrieve and access service request via online portal
- Security authorizations already in place for your records are extended to protect file requests and data leakage
- Files “posted” to the secure portal for the requestor to access
If you and your staff had not previously utilized DocuVault’s scan on-demand capabilities, our Customer Service Team stands ready to assist you in establishing user access for you and/or your team.
- Designate one service area (preferably loading dock) for pickup and delivery when required.
- Consolidate service request where possible for a once per week delivery.
- We will be assessing tours and site visits to DocuVault facilities over the next 90 days on a case by case basis, with “business critical” requirements in mind. Please contact us if you were planning on-site visitation or audit activity at our sites during this period.
Certified Shredding Services
- DocuVault will continue to services shred account as scheduled
- To minimize exposure and help mitigate risk all bins will be cleaned prior service
- Our drivers have been trained and alerted to follow CDC regulations and as such, will sanitize hands and handheld devices before and after each service is provided.
If you have the ability to centralize your bins in one specific area, please let us know in advance and if you need assistance in doing so.
As this is a dynamic situation, we will continue to update you as it evolves, with our goal to manage prudently and practically to address your interests and that of our staff. Updates regarding these events can be found at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/covid19
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
DocuVault Delaware Valley